Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10, is the enzyme produced naturally by our body and also involved in the basic cellular processes. The evidence suggests that the CoQ10 levels are reduced in the patients with some conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, HIV and AIDS or muscular dystrophy. CoQ10 Levels will decrease with age. Sometimes people take the CoQ10 supplements, even though not enough of research is done to determine whether these supplements are quite beneficial. Coenzyme Q10 is normally considered very safe and causes some minor side effects. As the supplement, CoQ10 is accessible as tablets, capsules, and CoQ10 can help to treat some heart conditions, and Parkinson’s disease and migraines.CoQ10 fertility is also proven by the research done on the subject.
Research on the CoQ10 use for the specific conditions & activities shows:
- Parkinson’s disease – The early research recommends that the high CoQ10 doses will be very beneficial for the people in early stages of the progressive disorder of nervous system, which affects movement.
- Heart conditions – CoQ10 is shown to improve the symptoms of the congestive heart failure. Even though findings are quite mixed, CoQ10 can help to reduce the blood pressure. Some of the research suggests that if combined with many other nutrients, CoQ10 levels may help recovery in the people who have had bypass or heart valve surgeries.
- Migraines – Research suggests CoQ10 will decrease frequency of the headaches.
- Physical performance – As CoQ10 is quite involved in the energy production, it is believed that the supplement may improve your performance. The research in the area has produced some mixed results.
- Statin induced myopathy – Research suggests CoQ10 can help to ease muscle weakness at times linked with statins.
Does coq10 cause insomnia?
CoQ10 supplements can be very beneficial in treating certain conditions like congestive heart failure or Parkinson’s disease. And CoQ10 is considered very safe, with very few side effects. Before taking such supplements try to ask you doctor like does coq10 cause insomnia? because many people used to suffer from insomnia because of this supplement.
How does this work?
CoQ10 is one important vitamin substance needed for the right function of several organs & chemical reactions in your body. This helps to provide energy to your cells. The CoQ10 also appears to have the antioxidant activity. The people with some diseases, like heart failure, blood pressure, Parkinson’s disease, gum disease, diseases of muscles, blood infections, or HIV infection, may have reduced levels of coQ10.
Safety 7 side effects
CoQ10 seem to be very safe and produce very little side effects if it is taken as directed by your doctor.
The mild side effects will include:
- Loss of appetite
- Upper abdominal pain
- Light sensitivity